In the janitorial industry, employee turnover averages about 200%. This level of turnover is normal but it shouldn’t be because it doesn’t have to be. You cannot afford to overlook your cleaning company’s constant stream of new people. Employee turnover and resigning is a fact of life, but high employee turnover is a symptom of a much larger problem within your cleaning company’s own organization and it is a problem that can have a dramatic impact on your facility.
The Real Cost of High Janitorial Turnover and Its Impact on Your Facility
- It Reduces the value of what your are getting
- Results in poor quality work
- Often leads to frequent, unfinished work
- Diminishes a relationship built between front line cleaner and customer
- Can result in damaged equipment and material waste
- Creates real security issues with too many people in and out of your building
- Creates the perception of poor service or security issues with your employees and tenants
- Creates significant cost for your janitorial company that are likely passed on to you
How the Consequences of Your Janitorial Company’s Turnover Impacts Safety
One of the biggest issues with high janitorial turnover is safety. When a constant stream of new faces comes in and out of your building, it conveys a message of inconsistency to your building’s occupants. The biggest risk is from a security and screening standpoint. Your janitorial company may tell you they are screening and conducting criminal background checks and drug testing on every employee that enters your facility, but these things take time and money. Many times janitorial services companies’ experience high turnover because they are cutting corners so who can say if they are doing a careful and thorough check on the new people they send into your facility.
The Real Cost of High Turnover from Your Janitorial Services Could be Your Bottomline!
High turnover from your janitorial services turnover can have a real impact on your bottom line. It can mean substandard service, forgotten duties and missed items. When you are paying higher prices for less experienced cleaners, the value of what you are getting is greatly diminished. Why should you pay more for less? Especially when there are effective, janitorial companies out there with low overall employee turnover employing best practices at a good price. Your facility should not be training ground for a host of new people.
Why Some Janitorial Services Never Seem to Hang Onto People
One of the best ways to sidestep service issues from your commercial cleaning company is to assure that they understand the importance of training their people. To provide you and your facility with consistent, effective individualized service, your building services contractor must have a formalized training program for a systematized cleaning process. Janitorial pay may typically be low, but is it competitive? There is a solid pool of good help and the best ones will go where the opportunity is greatest. Far too many janitorial services do not offer any recognition or rewards for employees that are meeting their goal or even outperforming their peers. Nothing diminishes enthusiasm like no acknowledgment. Make sure your cleaning company has good employee rapport.
Why Do Some Janitorial Services Have Large Attrition Rates Below the Normal Average
What makes some cleaning companies better at finding and keeping great people? The best companies stay ahead of the fold with industry best practices like targeted recruitment, careful background screening, comprehensive training, ongoing training, management systems to insure accountability and responsiveness, recognition and reward programs for their teams, all created to keep their teams happy, operating efficiently and delivering responsive effective janitorial services to your facility.
What Should You Do If Your Janitorial Service Is Experiencing High Turnover
If you have a negative perception of a janitorial service that has employees coming and going like a revolving door. And if you would prefer to see the same faces every day at your facility and would like to know the janitorial employees and gain a comfort level with those people. And none of this is happening because of turnover. Then it is time to move on to a new janitorial cleaning service. High cleaning employee turnover just isn’t a problem you can solve; it is not likely to go away on its own without major work on the part of your cleaning company. Cut your losses and look for another janitorial company with a proven track record for low employee turnover.
Can We Help You With Your Cleaning ?
At First Green Commercial Cleaning, we strive to do everything we do from the large, complex jobs to the smaller ones with attention to the little details and a healthy dose of enthusiasm. We reward our employees with competitive pay and benefits, incentives, recognition opportunities and more. We offer the best value in janitorial cleaning and landscaping services. Our competent and highly trained staff with a low turnover and our consistent drive to provide complete customer care makes us a respected organization.
First Green Commercial Cleaning can help you with the cleaning of your Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky commercial office or industrial facility. We offer superior customer service and strive to build long term business relationships with our clients.
Contact us (859-292‐8556) today for a free consultation!
Why First Green Commercial Cleaning?
- Customized Cleaning Plans – What sets First Green Building Services apart is our attention to detail. We understand that different businesses have different needs. For years, First Green Building Services has been providing janitorial services for educational facilities, schools, and colleges. Over the years we have provided K-12 Public School Cleaning, K-12 Private School Cleaning, Technical School Cleaning, and College Cleaning
- Owned and Operated Locally – With direct owner involvement, we provide immediate response time to any situation you might incur. Even after business hours, First Green Building Services has a 24-hour customer service number to resolve any cleaning issue.
- Quality Control – First Green Building Services has a low cleaner to supervisor ratio which allows us to make sure your facility gets the attention and detailed cleaning that it deserves.