What You Smell, What You See, & What You Don’t See
True professional commercial cleaning service suppliers know that real clean and smart clean is also about what you cannot see. Bacteria that are invisible to the eye can transmit disease and cause odors that you’ll have a hard time covering up. Your Cleaning Service should address all three areas: What you see, what you do not see and what you smell for an effective healthy clean restroom.
Where Can Dirty Restroom Cost You and Your Facility
Professional Cleaning Services that don’t get the job done send an unintended message that Management does not care. If Management does not care, your employees won’t care. Negativity impacts your facility because apathy is contagious. A few suggestion that cost you and your facility are:
- Dirty restrooms cause higher employee turnover
- Dirty restroom can even lead to lost sales
- Lower employee satisfaction can result from dirty restrooms
- If a restroom is unclean and unsanitary it can cause increases in absenteeism
- Restroom maintenance that falls short lowers employee productivity
- Ineffective restroom cleaning reduces employee engagement
So just remember a stinky, gross restroom does matter to your bottom line. Sometimes more than you think.
Public restrooms are breeding grounds for bacteria and sources for cross-contamination.
Are Dirty Restrooms Making You Sick?
Cleaning for health should be a vital component of your Professional Cleaning Service. Poorly maintained office restrooms are an efficient way for disease causing bacteria and viruses to spread. Touch points are areas and objects that many people touch in the course of the day like handles, light switches and more. In the restroom there are lots of touch points. For instance when your employee enters the restroom, uses the bathroom, touches the stall door and the exit door forgetting to wash hands and then goes on to touch the phone, computer and other frequently used areas throughout your facility. To reduce the spread of disease causing germs keep restrooms clean. Reduced absenteeism would be your reward.
Does your Professional Cleaning Service Understand the Science of Cleaning?
We have determined that your restrooms are likely the dirtiest places in your building. Just make sure your Professional Cleaners really gets how to clean for health. Make sure their employees are trained to understand how germs are spread and how cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection can stop germs in their tracks. Make sure your professional cleaning service has the right equipment and products and that they are trained how to use them properly.
A checklist of Pro’s and Con’s to check after your Professional Cleaning service has left your facility
- Clean touch points like handles, dryers, and knobs
- Well stocked supplies
- A clean fresh scent, no foul odors
- Very clean counter tops
- Check the corners of your floors they should be sparking clean
- Mirror should sparkle
- All parts in the restroom should work such as stall doors, sink fixtures, etc
- The sinks, toilets and urinals should be clean
- Make sure no graffiti is on the wall or stalls
- Trash is piling up
- There is an unpleasant smell
- Areas around door handles are smudgy
- Mineral deposit and soap residues are on the sinks
- Toilet/ urinals are dirty/mucky buildup around the hardware
- Floor drains have dust and debris buildup
- Check for dirty grout
Dirty restrooms and ineffective restroom cleaning are common problems that plaque Facility Manages.
What sets First Green Commercial Cleaning and Landscaping apart is our attention to detail. If we can be of help to you give us a call.
First Green Commercial Cleaning can help you with the cleaning of your Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky commercial office or industrial facility. We offer superior customer service and strive to build long term business relationships with our clients.
Contact us (859-292‐8556) today for a free consultation!
Why First Green Building Cleaning Services?
- Customized Cleaning Plans – What sets First Green Building Services apart is our attention to detail. We understand that different businesses have different needs. For years, First Green Building Services has been providing janitorial services for educational facilities, schools, and colleges. Over the years we have provided K-12 Public School Cleaning, K-12 Private School Cleaning, Technical School Cleaning, and College Cleaning
- Owned and Operated Locally – With direct owner involvement, we provide immediate response time to any situation you might incur. Even after business hours, First Green Building Services has a 24-hour customer service number to resolve any cleaning issue.
- Quality Control – First Green Building Services has a low cleaner to supervisor ratio which allows us to make sure your facility gets the attention and detailed cleaning that it deserves.